Pages

21 May 2012

Day 5: Jelly sandwich

Pin It
Hi,
Today is day 5 of the nail art challenge thrown by Puja Malhotra of cutenailstudio.blogspot.com. The theme is copycat. While I have not deviated majorly from the artwork, as you can see below, I have not followed the instructions to the tee.

Take a look at the original (http://www.doridavis.com/essie-marshmallow-milani-gems/): 


And here's my creation:



Another shot (now you can see the shooting star, cute ain't it):

Yet another shot :)

As you can see I have stamped the jelly sandwich with a shooting star on the ring finger. I love how the sandwiching has toned down the glitter enough so I could wear it to office (yeah, I work crazy hours but the dress code is pretty relaxed).

The colours I used:
VoV White (for the white base)
NYX Carnival (multi glitter filling)
LA Colors Sparkling Diamonds (silver glitter filling on the ring finger)
Revlon Powder Puff (for the top white coat)
Stamping: Konad plate m33

Thank God, it is the last of Puja's challenge because I just do not feel like changing this mani for a week.
Though I am also sad to see the challenge end as I connected with many lovely bloggers out there.


Go check out the other challengers at:
Pavani Reddy at http://megaliving.net/


Don't forget to comment if you liked/disliked my manicure.

Cheers!
Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty......very summery...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an award - check out http://ourexternalworld.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice nail art....
    http://ray-connect.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  4. and i forgot to mention that i have an award for you dear.. plz do check the latest post ..:)
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your mani today... i have carnival but haven't used it till now. And for the love i have for whites these days am sure i will copy this one pretty soon *.*
    good job dear!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sangy. Since I developed an addiction to polish, I have started appreciating darker and brighter colours. But sometimes, I need a break and this challenge provided the perfect opportunity. And since I finally owned a bottle of Carnival, I just had to put it on :D

      Delete
    2. i totally agree with you...
      i am following you, would love if you follow me back *.*
      cya around..

      Delete
  6. I read your blog on daily basis. This is really great and informative post. Thanks for sharing. Nyx Magenta Nail Polish

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete