Pages

24 May 2012

Sari mani-a?

Pin It
Hi guys!

I used to think nail art would look good only on long nails. Till I visited www.fingerspolishmania.com. This nail art addict has got really short but beautiful nails. And she does what she calls 'funky' french. 
One of her recent posts reminded me of a silk sari my mom owns. It is a beautiful peach intervowen with gold threads and a brown pallu with holographic sequins.
Since I am new to blogging and do not know if I can upload a picture of the manicure without offending her, do visit http://www.fingerspolishmania.com/2012/05/my-designer-holo-mani.html to check the manicure.

And here are a couple of shots of my ma's silk sari....



Part sun, part shade:

One with the pallu (drape):

And the design on the pallu:



A closer close-up:






Isn't the holographic sequins awesome? One would think brown is such a dull colour. But it makes for an awesome combination with peach. What do you guys think?
Don't forget to comment.

Cheers!

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Wow that's beautiful!! I'm honored that you mentioned me on your blog!! I love your moms sari. Is truly gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you have a nice blog!!! Waiting to see a lot of nail art from you.. Following you, do check out my blog@http://addictedtonailpaints.blogspot.in/ and support ( only if you like it)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats great.. i will check out that blog<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. very feminine color :)ll chk out !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mum's sari is beautiful! I especially love the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty sari....join me on my nails group...http://cutenailstudio.blogspot.in/2012/05/hi-all-without-doing-any-kind-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have an award on my blog - http://ourexternalworld.blogspot.in/2012/06/more-awards-in-june.html

    Please do pass it on to a deserving fellow blogger

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely saree's.every saree is unique in its own way. buy purchase online tradition sarees collections from G3 fashions surat.

    ReplyDelete