Pages

25 November 2012

Floating on Floam

Pin It
Hi lacqueraders,

Do you ever get tired of a colour? I do. Red is my nemesis. Except for Barielle's Elle Spell which I sported here, there has never been a red I could stand for more than two days. And even that is a feat. I usually want to take it off as soon as I put it on *shrugs*.
I love the blue-green combination. Therefore, it was a surprise for me when I could not figure out what the hype about Floam was all about. I got Sticks and Stones from Ninja Polish and added Floam to the basket just to see why bloggers were going so gaga about it. Well, now I know... and how. Be ready to be picture-bombed!


Isn't this a beauty?! This polish was first frankened by Amy from the blog I'm Feeling Nail-Venturous. But Ninja Polish started producing it later with her permission.



 It has matte green and neon blue glitter with a smattering of yellow, too, in a clear base. The polish is thick, but it dries fast and hard. This one did not chip even after I sported it for over eight days! Do wait in between coats to avoid bald spots.


Since this polish has been around for some time now, I learnt that it was very hard to get off. So I layered it over my blue peel-off polish. This polish can be used as a layer polish with one coat or lend full coverage with three coats.


The finish is slightly gritty. The matte glitters do not shine. But I loved the way it looked and did not topcoat it. Also, like with all glitters, this one cannot be wrapped around the nails either. But that should not be a problem with this beauty's amazing staying power!


This is such a striking polish, everyone, and I mean absolutely everyone, will take notice. It has a very tropical feel. The photos do not do justice to its neon-iness. It will definitely grab eyeballs and compliments! 
Here's a macro shot to drool over:

Product: Floam

Brand: Nail-Venturous/ Ninja Polish
Collection/Range:  Floam  (Check out the other versions: Girly Floam, Humblebee Floam, Pinkerbell, Sunny Floam and Spooky Floam which is glow-in-the-dark!). 
Colour: Matte neon glitter in clear base
Finish: Slighty gritty
Qty: 15 ml
Price/Availability: $9 (Rs 500 approx). It is not available in India. Can be ordered through Ninja Polish.
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Omg it is sooo lovely and I am a fool to not have used it yet. Everytime I see a swatch somewhere, I get floored !!! I will be getting a few similar polishes in Dec but I think I'll put on a top coat..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might change your mind about the topcoat once you wear this on your nails :)

      Delete
  2. This polish is so gorgeous. I have it but haven't used it yet. I need to pull it out of the drawer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thats pretty cool! It reminds me of the foam floaters you get in swimming pools lol. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of people forget about to setup share equipment and lighting after they get his or her damages executed, as well as that they feel these are way too intricate along with high-priced. On the other hand, sailing equipment and lighting could remedy this concern. They are often quickly inserted in the event the share is situation so you have to have zero techie knowledge in any respect. floating pool lights

    ReplyDelete